For the second year, the Art and Culture Development Foundation under the Ministry of Culture of Republic of Uzbekistan implements a scholarship program for students studying in universities of the Republic of Uzbekistan. The program is held on a competitive basis, after which the winners will receive a scholarship to study in the chosen higher educational institutions of Uzbekistan.
Starting from this year, some changes have been made. So, now, according to the program requirements, applications for participation can be submitted by students of those universities which are not included in the list of educational institutions subordinated by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Moreover, students have an opportunity to get the scholarship both on undergraduate and graduate levels. Under the terms of the program, students in the following areas of study can become candidates for participation:
- Management in the field of culture and art
- Restoration and preservation
- Cultural tourism
- Graphic design
- Fine art
Competition will be held in two stages:
- At the first stage, students must apply for participation in the selection for the scholarship program until September 15, 2019. This can be done by following the link. It is obligatory to fill out all the fields of the application form and provide supporting documents. A sample of the personal statement for participation in the competition established by the Foundation can be found at the following links: Ариза (in Uzbek) or Заявление (in Russian)
- At the second stage of selection, candidates who passed the first stage will be invited to a face-to-face interview, which will be held on September 24, 2019 in the building of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Candidates selection criteria
- academic performance;
- scientific and research work;
- general erudition;
- analytical skills;
- organizational skills;
- motivation for development;
- social activity;
- awareness of the importance and benefits of the chosen specialty and its role in the development of culture and art in the country
General conditions for candidates:
Competition participants, at the time of application process, must be a students of the universities of Uzbekistan;
- First year ubdergraduate students cannot participate in competition
- Candidates cannot be winners of several scholarship programs at the same time
- The administration of the program reserves the right to terminate the contract at any stage of the competition, if false information is found in the documents provided by the candidate;
- The winners of this scholarship program, who will be paid for one year at their own university, cannot participate in the program again;
- The scholarship holder, after receiving the appropriate educational degree (bachelor/master), within three months, by the decision of the scholarship commission of the Foundation, is employed in the priority areas of institutions of culture and art, under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Duration of employment: at least one year.
The General schedule of the competition:
- acceptance of the applications: until September 15, 2019
- applications expertise for the correspondence stage: until September 18, 2019
- correspondence stage results announcement: September 20, 2019
- face-to-face interview stage: September 24, 2019
- summing-up the results of the competition: September 26, 2019
- announcement of the winners: until September 27, 2019
Graphic for the winners of the competition
- conclusion of agreement with the winners: within 10 working days from the results announcement date;
- stipends payment: until the end of September, 2019. In the amount of annual sum of agreement, stipend will be transferred to the account of the institution, where the study of the program winner’s takes place
The winners of the scholarship program can be creative people who are able to share their knowledge and skills, generate new ideas, implement them and take personal responsibility for the result of the work, as well as individuals who are ready to gather around a team of like-minded people and inspire them to achieve a common goal.
For the winners of the scholarship program, payment in the amount of the annual contract, will be paid for 2019-2020 academic year until the end of September 2019.