The Art and Culture Development Foundation under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan announces an open competition for a scholarship in foreign universities.
In 2019, students have a unique opportunity to receive a scholarship for education in the master's program in foreign universities.
The priority includes the following areas on the choice of candidates:
- Management in the field of culture and art
- Restoration and preservation
- Cultural tourism
- Graphic design
Stages of selection:
The competition will be held in two stages:
At the first stage, students need to fill out an application to participate in the selection for this program. The application can be filled here: https://forms.gle/yJU1bMC4mMN3k91m6
The application deadline is September 15, 2019. Contestants will have to accompany the application with the following documents:
- letter of confirmation from the university of any country on admission (indicating the amount of the tuition fee);
- copy of the passport;
- statement of interest (motivation letter) in English or Russian. The document should be in the following format: Times New Roman font, size 12, spacing 1.5 (no more than 400 words);
- personal application according to the sample established by the Foundation;
- a copy of the diploma of higher education with a leaf liner;
Additional documents (if available):
- certificates confirming the knowledge of foreign languages;
- letters of recommendation from teachers and employers;
- copies of scientific publications.
To apply for participation in the program please follow the link: https://forms.gle/kKp23NCfuK9fhmvi8
The second stage of selection for the program is a face-to-face interview, which will be held on September 19, 2019 in the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan. at: 1 T. Shevchenko str, Tashkent.
The scholarship competition is a component of the Scholarship Program under the regulations of the Art and Culture Development Foundation under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The scholarship for education in the program will cover the following costs:
- Total contract fee;
- Accommodation in a dormitory and daily allowances;
- 2 flights for one academic year;
- Medical insurance (at the minimum rate).
Criteria for evaluation:
- academic progress;
- scientific and research work;
- analytical skills;
- organizational skills;
- motivation for development;
- social activity;
- awareness of the importance and benefits of the chosen specialty and its role in the development of the sphere of culture and art.
- accepting applications on the Foundation website: until September 15, 2019
- examination of applications for the first stage: until September 18, 2019
- announcement of the results of the first stage: until September 18, 2019
- Face-to-face interview with the Foundation Commission: September 19, 2019
- Summing up the competition: until September 20, 2019
- Announcement of winners: no later than September 23, 2019.
The schedule for the contest winners:
- conclusion of contractual terms with winners: within 10 working days from the date of announcement of the results of the competition;
- scholarship payment: until the end of October 2019.
Conditions for participation in the scholarship program:
- Contestants may not be winners of several scholarship programs at the same time;
- Candidates up to 30 years old can take part in the competition;
- The Foundation reserves the right to suspend the payment of an educational scholarship in case of violation of the academic discipline, poor academic performance, systematic absences of studies without valid reason, violation of the internal regulations and the statute of the university, violation of the rules of residence in the dormitory (if the student lives in the dormitory), force majeure circumstances, including natural phenomena (earthquakes, landslides, hurricanes, droughts, etc.) or socio-economic circumstances (state of war, blockades, bans on import and export in the public interest, etc.). The decision to suspend funding is made by the selection committee of the Art and Culture Development Foundation;
- The amount of the scholarship is transferred to the settlement account of the host organization;
- In the case of enrollment in the graduate program, the Foundation reserves the right to allocate students in organizations and institutions of the Republic of Uzbekistan for internships during the summer holidays;
- The grantee, after receiving the appropriate educational degree (master's degree), within three months, by the decision of the scholarship commission of the Foundation, is employed in the priority areas of the institutions of culture and art that are under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan. Term of employment: not less than three years.
- The Foundation is not responsible for the personal safety of students during the entire period of study;
- The Foundation does not cover student expenses (accommodation, meals, internal transport) during the summer holidays;
- When student returns to Uzbekistan during the educational process out of schedule (force majeure, health, etc.), all financial expenses for air travel are borne by the grantee.
The winners of the scholarship program can be creative people who are able to share their knowledge and skills, generate new ideas, implement them and take personal responsibility for the result of the work, as well as personalities who are ready to gather around themselves a team of like-minded people and inspire them to achieve a common goal.