Art & Culture Development Foundation under The Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan (ACDF) was established following a resolution signed by the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan on 16 October 2017 with the purpose of increasing the efficiency of governmental policies in culture and art management.
Art and Culture Development Foundation is an additional tool for the implementation and introduction of innovative ideas within the framework of the government’s programme for the development of culture and arts implemented by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The Foundation’s main objectives are:
To promote further development of culture and art through financial, organisational and creative projects and provide all-round support to activities of the members of the art world and other cultural figures in visual arts, literature, theatre, music and choreography;
To expand international and intergovernmental cultural relations, develop cooperation with international cultural organisations and charitable culture and arts foundations, attract foreign investments and grants and promote the development of sponsorship in the country;
To promote a creative intercultural dialogue, integrate Uzbek art into the global art world and cultural space as well as to highlight the country's cultural, scientific and technical potential and competitiveness;
To facilitate the improvement of pre-service and in-service training for specialists in culture and arts and provide relevant literature and periodicals to institutions within the system of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
To facilitate the systemic increase of the efficiency of museums and other cultural institutions in the country based on international experience;
To finance and promote the construction of new cultural institutions in accordance with international standards;
To strengthen the material and technical resources of cultural institutions under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan and to help them carry out overhaul and scheduled maintenance;
To ensure the joint financing of projects together with international institutions, governments, sponsors and donors from foreign countries;
To study and accommodate international experience and expertise in financing culture and arts;
To allocate funds for an increase of salaries and other forms of material support for the employees of organisations under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan
To establish a systemic control over effective and purposeful use of allocated funds;
To allocate funds for the reward and social protection of employees working for organisations under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
Being a structural unit of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan, the Foundation operates within the framework of several basic programmes:
- Cultural sponsorship development;
- Material and technical support of cultural institutions.
To fulfil its objectives the Foundation performs the following functions:
- approves estimated incomes and expenses and ensures regular transfer of funds to the account of the Uzbekkontsert State Institution Agency in accordance with the approved estimates;
- organises educational activities to promote works by national and foreign artists and other cultural figures;
- organises activities to popularise various areas of culture and arts and to support cultural figures and artists;
- develops and adopts a schedule for activities supported by the Foundation;
- establishes cooperation with foreign partners and organises joint activities, including their participation in investment projects by providing grants and other support aimed at the development of culture and art in Uzbekistan;
- participates in the development of laws and regulations in the area of culture and arts;
- involves national artists and other cultural figures in global art world activities, including international exhibitions, conferences, festivals and other events;
- organises international cultural events in Uzbekistan to popularise culture and art locally and to strengthen the image of Uzbekistan internationally;
- improves pre-service and in-service training of employees within the system of the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- provides scholarships and rewards for gifted pupils and students at educational institutions under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan;
- studies international practices to increase of efficiency of museums and other cultural institutions;
- supports the construction of new cultural institutions based on best international practices;
- invites leading international experts in the design, construction and renovation of cultural institutions;
- develops an agenda to promote the strengthening of the material and technical resources of cultural institutions under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan and to help them carry out overhaul and scheduled maintenance;
- supports cultural institutions under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan with material and technical resources helps them carry out overhaul and scheduled maintenance;
- studies best international practices of financing culture and art and prepares proposals for their implementation locally;
- studies current state of paid services provided to the population by organisations under the Ministry of Culture, draws proposals for their increase and monitors their implementation;
- conducts the analysis and ensures timely receipt of funds by the Foundation;
- estimates the revenues and expenditures of the Foundation;
- monitors the appropriate use of allocated funds;
- develops a scheme of estimation of the Foundation’s income and expenses and submits it for approval to the Foundation Council;
- keeps records of the Foundation's revenues and expenses and submits a report on their implementation to the Foundation Council every quarter.
RIGHTS AND POWERS
Art and Culture Development Foundation under the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of Uzbekistan is authorised to carry out the following acts within its obligations:
- to request and receive information for resolving issues falling within the competence of the Foundation from the government and local executive authorities, in accordance with the established procedure;
- to accumulate the funds coming from sources specified in the Regulation on its bank accounts
- to monitor the appropriate use of funds provided by the Foundation, suspend financing or withdraw funds if violations are detected;
- to place temporarily free funds in liquid financial instruments (deposits, securities, bonds and so on);
- to determine conditions when allocating the Foundation's funds for specific projects aimed at the development of culture and art;
- to conclude agreements, including those made with foreign partners, to ensure the fulfilment of the set goals and objectives;
- to propose various initiatives on the issues of development of culture and arts, in accordance with the established procedure;
- to publish information about their activities in the mass media;
- to establish international cooperation in areas falling within the competence of the Foundation.
The Foundation is obliged:
- to ensure that the main tasks defined in the Regulation are fulfilled;
- to exercise constant control over the purposeful and effective use of the Foundation's resources;
- to conduct an analysis of the efficiency of the Foundation's future performance indicators and take appropriate measures to eliminate identified shortcomings that adversely affect the flow of funds.